Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Lust Have It Box Review!

Hello lovelies,

Here I am, posting from my iPhone again, so do bear with the inevitable crazy photos until I get home in a few hours and can edit the photos!

First of all, Happy Birthday to me! Yes, it's my birthday today (but please don't ask how old I am) and what better way to celebrate than with the November Lust Have It (LHI) box, which arrived this morning!! In case you aren't familiar with the concept, LHI is a service you subscribe to which sends you 5-6 deluxe samples every month for a flat fee of $15 per month. The benefit is you get deluxe samples of new products to try, even ones that have not officially hit shelves yet! I have been subscribed for three months now, since they launched, so this is the third box I'm receiving.

First of all, have a peek at the photos...

All wrapped up beautifully in black tissue with lots of blue packing paper.

Explanations for each item in the LHI box



L-R: Tresor perfume samples, ROC moisturiser, Nude by Nature lipliner,
Kerastase heat protector sachets and the Hawley buffer.

Now, my impressions. Obviously, as LHI is quite new, they have yet to implement the system of tailoring each box for individual needs/preferences.

As a result, there will be months where you will be much happier with the contents of each box, as compared to other boxes where you may not be as thrilled.

Personally, I like a good mix of samples in each box, i.e. perfumes, nail stuff, makeup, hair care and skin care. Let me explain what's in each box before I go on to give you my impression of this month's box.

The contents are:

ROC: Complete Lift New Technology Daily Moisturiser (there are apparently active ingredients in it so they recommend you use it by the end of December 2011, 3 samples provided).

Nude by Nature: Lip Liner in Chique Natural Mineral Lipliner (with a brush on the end for smoother application).

Lancome: Tresor Midnight Rose perfume samples (2 samples).

Hawley International: Miracle Shine 2 Step Miracle Nail Shiner.

Kerastase: Nectar Thermique heat protectant serum for hair (5 sachets).

Note: You can click on the photos to have a more in-depth read of each item.


My impression? I'm not as keen to try the skin care, my skin has recently broken out for the first time EVER when I tried a new moisturiser two weeks ago, so it's made me a little paranoid about trying anything outside of my daily skincare regime. But it sounds like a good product to try, so if I don't end up using it myself I'll hand it to my mum to try.

As most of you have probably gathered, I'm crazy for anything nail related, so I will probably get some good use out of the nail buffer. I also love nude lip colours, so the lip liner will come in handy as well (never mind that I probably have about 5 nude lip liners already at home). Perfume samples are welcome as I love trying new scents, plus they are very handy for taking on short trips away or carrying in my handbag for quick spritzes on the go. I also love Kerastase products, and I've been thinking of switching my heat protector so I wouldn't mind giving these a try. Kerastase products are quite expensive (although great value as they last F O R E V E R), so it's a great way to try a product and decide if you like it before investing in it.


VERDICT: I liked this box, but I wasn't crazily excited about any of the products in it. I still think it's great value for money, though.

Update: Photos are all fixed up!


Much love,
MM.
x

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! yay :)

    its good to see a picture of the box contents -it looks like heaps, and I'm glad they give you a few of each samples, that's very nice of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, GB! :))

    Yes, I do agree that it's great you get such general samples...really gives you a chance to see if you like it for more than one or two uses!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...