Monday, January 23, 2012

Conquering false lashes!

Hello lovelies!

Today, I'm going to show you all how I conquered false lash application! I have reasonably long and thick lashes, but the darn things are just so stubborn, I can't get lusciously curving lashes merely by using an eyelash curler and mascara. If I want really dramatic curl, I have to resort to using my heated lash curler (which tends to annoy me by running out of batteries whenever I need it most), applying a coat of mascara, and then gently curling my lashes again with the heated curler. Contrary to popular opinion, you won't be damaging your lashes if you curl them gently, and do not tug when releasing the curler.

I love the effect that false lashes give but I've always been terrible at applying them freehand; they always end up looking a bit uneven. However, I just bought an amazing product that actually helps me put on luscious, full lashes almost perfectly every single time (I say almost perfectly because I'm still getting used to the application technique, not because there's anything wrong with the product)!

Behold, my miraculous new find - The WASP false lash applicator!



A few days ago, I popped into Wasp and discovered their amazing array of false lashes (if you love falsies as much as I do, you really need to visit their stores). I decided to purchase a pair as they were an affordable $12 each, inclusive of free application for each purchase. The sales girl used the applicator to apply the lash strip, and I was amazed at how quick it was, so I asked to try putting on the other lash strip myself. It was so easy to do, I managed it perfectly on the very first attempt! The applicator is pretty reasonably priced at $8 each, so naturally I just had to buy one to take home.

I decided to put on full lashes using the applicator on Saturday night, and it was effortless! Unfortunately, I was running a bit late and didn't have time to take proper photos, so you'll have to forgive the terrible photo quality; I snapped a few quick photos while in the car on my way to dinner.

Eyes wide open.

Eyes wide shut.

Full view, with my hair cascading in the breeze.

Oh, and do have a look at this how-to video the lovely lasses at WASP have put together, won't you? It really shows you how to use the applicator for perfectly applied lashes each time! Love!



Are you an expert false lash applier? Do you love wearing falsies as much as I do?

Much love,
MM.
x

4 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of WASP, this is such an exciting revelation for me! I'm terrible at falsies, I'm so excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited too, Emma! I'd tried a similar product a while ago and it was really hard to use, but honestly, this one is a dream!

    You can always order online, I believe they deliver nationwide, but if you live near a store (there are some in WA and there's one in VIC), I'd suggest popping in and asking for some hands-on assistance. The girls are really sweet and very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome!!! It will have to be another thing to put on my wishlist.

    Thanks for sharing something new. I had never seen this before. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, I just used mine again this weekend so I think it was an excellent investment hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...