Friday, May 25, 2012

EOTD - Red love

Hi lovelies,

It's been a wet and wild day in Melbourne today, with the rain just bucketing down all day. It was anticipated that the rainfall today would be equal to the rainfall for the past month! How crazy is that?!

I'm still slightly under the weather, so I came straight home after work. I've just realised that it's been a whole week since I uploaded an EOTD post! Can't have that, can we?! I spent all day today thinking about red eyeshadow. I actually bought this gorgeous red shadow from Inglot a few months ago, but have yet to wear it out! I was a bit concerned I'd look like I had bleeding eyes, so I thought I'd better do a practice run with it before actually wearing it on a night out. Since I was home tonight, I decided it was the perfect time to give it a go!

Here's what I ended up with. I also decided to use my Harlotte half lashes as it's been a while since I last applied falsies and I need to practice! Funnily enough, they don't sit quite right because my own lashes are so curly from the lash perming! This post might be a bit picture heavy as I do my best to do this look justice. It's a little bit more vivid in real life but for some reason, it's just not coming through with the photographs.











I did this look with Mac Paint pot in Painterly all over the eyelid, the red Inglot shadow (pearl 450) over the eyelid (up to the crease), a grey Inglot shadow (AMC shine 47)  in the crease, and a bit of matte black eyeshadow from my Beauty UK Day and Night palette in the outer corner. I also added the purple shade from the Day and Night palette under the eye. I used a bit of gold from my 88 palette in the inner eye corner, white pencil on the lower waterline, Essence black gel eyeliner on the top lashline and finished off with Loreal 4D Lash Architect mascara.

I really did like playing with this red shadow and it's surprisingly versatile. I think I'll definitely be using this a lot more!

Much love,
MM.
x

8 comments:

  1. very cool! what do you think of the essence black liner? i'm thinking of getting it. that's if i can even get my mits on it, it's sold out whenever i go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, it's a great eyeliner! Pretty much stays put once it's on until you take it off. :)

      Delete
  2. A super look! Love the red and purple together and it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and I love your GFC name, btw! :)

      Delete
  3. No matter how many times I look at this Coco I still think this is your most fabulous look to date. Simply stunning on you. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, hun! Can't wait to see what you come up with now! ;)

      Delete

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...