Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November Bellabox review!

Hello lovelies,

My November Bellabox just arrived today!

I'm completely excited as both the Bellabox and the I Love This Box box (wow, talk about a mouthful) arrived today!

Here's my lunchtime mobile blog post on Bellabox, with the ILTB post to follow in a few hours. As you may know from my previous posts, mobile blog updating sends the photos a bit crazy, so I'll fix it up when I get home tonight.

First of all, I'm conducting a box experiment, I wanted to sign up to all four boxes and compare them this month (November). ILTB and Glossybox are launching their first box in November, so it's always interesting to see how the 'first' boxes compare with the second (Bellabox) or third (LHI) boxes from other brands!

So let's take a look at some photos, the Bellabox (BB) arrived all nicely wrapped up in a bright blue outer box, which you slide open to reveal your brown BB! Inside was a whole bunch of miniature sample goodies. Now let me just confess straight off the bat, I initially wasn't going to sign up for BB, but I happened to see that they had added Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) lip tars from a post on their Facebook page, and Omigod I had to sign up quick smart! I love OCC lip tars and have been dying to try them for ages, so it seemed like a great idea to sign up for their Nov box, given their little hints that they might include one!











Now, I'm a happy camper as they DID put one in the box, a bright red! It's not necessarily a colour I would've picked personally, (I do wear red but usually only when I'm going out at night), but it's a great chance to try the product and purchase other colours if I'm happy with it! Also, they included a black Twistband, which I was also contemplating buying from their website, so I was also really thrilled to get one to try! All in all, these two items alone make this box a complete win for me, so all the other samples are really just a plus point!

Calming down from my OCC and twistband high, I manage to settle down enough to have a look at the other items in the box. I'm not as interested in the skincare, for the simple reason that my skin has gone a bit insane lately, so I'm trying to limit my skincare experiments to 'safe' products, but I'm quite keen on trying the generous sample of Orofluido included in the box. I'll update once I've given it a go to let you all know what I think.

The contents are:

Lancome Vissionaire

Erborian - Korean brand trio samples of anti-fatigue and anti-ageing products

Gatineau Melatogenine Force Collagene - Anti-wrinkle performance booster

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tar - lip colour that combines the longevity of a lipstick with the ease of application of a gloss. (Wooohooo). I got NSFW, a deep red.

Orofluido - luxurious and unusual concoction of Argan Oil, Cyperus Oil and Linseed oil

Twistband - chic Californian brand hair ties that keep hair secure without snagging or leaving creases


VERDICT: I loved this box, but that's because I was pretty eager to try the OCC lip tar and the twistband. :))


Note: You can click on the photo of the box contents card for an in-depth read of what's in the box and where to get it.

Update: Photos all fixed up now! And, I came home and just HAD to try the new lip tar...omigosh, is it pigmented!

I made the mistake of trying to apply it with my finger and I've come to a couple of conclusions:

a) It's SUPER pigmented, seriously, a tiny drop and a lip brush will take you a LONG way.
b) If you have young children who are quite keen on dabbing on your walls with your cosmetic products (or you're just a klutz, like me), you might want to stay away from this product, because it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get off.
c) I think one tube of this will last you approximately 2 decades, as you only need a tiny pinprick to do your entire mouth...they do feel a teensy bit drying on after a wee while but you can always put a bit of gloss/balm on top to solve the problem.

Here is a photo, I'm sorry for the poor quality but I'm suffering a really bad headache right now and just do not feel very pretty (or photogenic) at all, so I gave up half way! I might post more photos in a day or two. They should show how pigmented and glossy the lip colour is! My verdict? I'm pretty happy but I think I'll need to experiment with more colours, this one is a wee bit too strong for me to use regularly.


OCC Lip Tar: NSFW (seriously, how cute is the name?)


Much love,
MM.
x




Second update (17/11/2011): I am now suffering a mini episode of box envy as I read a few other blogposts and realized the colour of the OCC lip tars differs in each box! And some other bloggers have gotten a Kenzo perfume sample instead of the erborian sample trio! Oh well, I'll just have to buy more lip tars, I guess! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...